Like a G/L account, customer / vendor accounts have two segments in the financial accounting view :
- One segment at client level that contains general data. This data can be accessed throughout the whole organization
- a segment with company code specific data at company code level
You can use the report RFB1DE10 to transfer customer/vendor master in one company code (source company code) to another (target company code).
Important Fields :
- Search term : you can enter an abbreviation for the customer/vendor name in this field.
- Corporate group : you can group together customer or vendors who belong to one corporate group with a user-defined group key.
- Clerk/accounting : You must save the name of the clerk under an ID.
The account group controls :
- The number ranges of the accounts
- whether the account is one time customer or vendor
- The status of the fields in the master record
In financial accounting, once the customer/vendor account has been created, you can no longer change the account group. However if you use partner roles in sales and distribution, in some cases you can change the account group from ordering address to a ship-to address.
The layout of customer/vendor master data screens can be affected by several factors :
- Account Group – Specific Control : Usually, the field status is only controlled by the account group
- Transaction – Specific control : The field status can be dependent on the master data transaction (create, change, display).